Our next Youth Dance Session starts in April 2017. We are currently taking registrations. Please call or email to register your youth.
Mash Up Jazz & Hip Hop Youth Class:
In this 7 week series, dancers will learn a great variety of jazz and hip-hop movements. At the end of the series they will showcase in a casual performance all they have learned. Family and friends will be invited to come watch their performance. Beginner & Intermediate level dancers are welcome.
Ages: 6 to 13
Time: Thursdays from 4pm to 5pm, April 6th to May 18th
$56 for full 7 week series
$10 to drop-in
This class series will help your youth develop core strength, balance, coordination and encourage healthy social interactions with peers!
KEEP YOUR YOUTH ACTIVE THIS NEW YEAR WITH DANCE!!
Feel free to call or email with questions:
503.740.3838 / firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to register your youth for this class, you must call or email us to sign up. PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED FOR ALL YOUTH.
All of our Youth Group Classes are taught by our lovely solo dance instructor Alicia Marshall. To check out her bio, click HERE.
Once you are registered, please read these notes for your first class:
1. Payment will be collected on the first day of class. We accept cash or check made out to Uptown Ballroom for payment so please have one of those ready.
2. Please have your youth wear comfortable clothing that is easy to move in. Example for girls would be leggings/stretch pants and a t-shirt. Example for boys would be athletic shorts and a t-shirt. No jeans please!
3. If possible, we highly recommend this footwear for the class. This footwear is very versatile and will likely be use in many of your youths dance classes.
4. A water station with cups will be provided for the youth during the class. We ask if you pack a separate water bottle that you ensure it is spill safe as we want to avoid water on our floor as much as possible
5. Parents are welcome to stay and watch (especially on the first day) if needed, but from experience, if we are able to have children fully present and not distracted by watching parents, they gain more out of the class!
If you are interested in your youth learning to partner dance in any style (ballroom, latin, swing or country) private lessons are available with principle instructor Leilani Nakagawa. $30 for 30 minute lessons or $60 for 60 minute lesson. Please contact her email@example.com or 503.740.3838.