Our next Youth Dance Session starts in November 2017. We are currently taking registrations. Please call or email to register your youth.
Hip Hop Series Class
These two drop-in hip hop classes will teach you the fun style of hip hop dancing. No experience needed to join. For young adults and anyone above, ages 16 and up.
Instructor: Alicia Marshall
Fridays from 6 to 7pm / Nov 3rd & 17th
$10 to drop in
This class series will help your youth develop core strength, balance, coordination and encourage healthy social interactions with peers!
KEEP YOUR YOUTH ACTIVE THIS NEW YEAR WITH DANCE!!
Feel free to call or email with questions:
503.740.3838 / email@example.com
If you would like to register your youth for this class, you must call or email us to sign up. PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED FOR ALL YOUTH.
All of our Youth Group Classes are taught by our lovely solo dance instructor Alicia Marshall. To check out her bio, click HERE.
Once you are registered, please read these notes for your first class:
1. Payment will be collected on the first day of class. We accept cash or check made out to Uptown Ballroom for payment so please have one of those ready.
2. Please have your youth wear comfortable clothing that is easy to move in. Example for girls would be leggings/stretch pants and a t-shirt. Example for boys would be athletic shorts and a t-shirt. No jeans please!
3. If possible, we highly recommend this footwear for the class. This footwear is very versatile and will likely be use in many of your youths dance classes.
4. A water station with cups will be provided for the youth during the class. We ask if you pack a separate water bottle that you ensure it is spill safe as we want to avoid water on our floor as much as possible
5. Parents are welcome to stay and watch (especially on the first day) if needed, but from experience, if we are able to have children fully present and not distracted by watching parents, they gain more out of the class!
If you are interested in your youth learning to partner dance in any style (ballroom, latin, swing or country) private lessons are available with principle instructor Leilani Nakagawa. $30 for 30 minute lessons or $60 for 60 minute lesson. Please contact her firstname.lastname@example.org or 503.740.3838.